[p2pu-webcraft] New webcraft programming challenge - programming with APIs

Jessy Kate Schingler jessy at jessykate.com
Tue Mar 13 19:58:19 UTC 2012

hi webcrafters!

we have a new challenge up within the school of webcraft that we're hoping
will tickle your fancy. after many requests for more challenging and
programming focused material, we now have the programming 101 challenge,
"programming with the Twitter API." from the challenge description:

This challenge will guide you through tasks that involve *searching for and
> reading documentation online, executing an API call to a dynamic data
> source, processing the results in a language of your choice, and printing
> them out to a terminal.
> *

***A word of encouragement:* This is a big challenge and you can expect it
> to take some time. But you are unlocking the secrets to the information
> universe! It's ok if it's hard. We all do it wrong 100 times before doing
> it right, so keep at it and share your trials, tribulations & successes
> with others in the comments.

Check out the challenge here:
http://p2pu.org/en/groups/programming-101/

The challenge is meant to be.... challenging! And it is also our first take
at building this kind of material. So please check it out, help us test it
and make it better. Feel free to respond to this thread with suggestions.

If you'd like to help promote it, here's a tweet:
http://twitter.com/jessykate/status/179657158286262273

Thanks!
--
Jessy