[p2pu-webcraft] CS Courses besides WebCraft

Dany Javier Bautista Montaña danyjavierb at gmail.com
Mon May 16 04:18:06 UTC 2011

2011/5/15 Nicholas Doiron <ndoiron at andrew.cmu.edu>

> Parag,
>
> As an engineering student and P2PU Webcraft course organizer, my thought
> is that you could have resources on diyomputerscience.com and use courses
> on P2PU to reach out to non-technical people and guide them through which
> resources to use, forming study groups, that sort of thing
>
> How separate are your CS course ideas from the principles of the School of
> Webcraft?  There are a lot of languages and programs which you could
> connect to web content.
>
> --
> Nicholas
>
> On Sun, May 15, 2011 8:40 am, Parag Shah wrote:
> > Hi Pippa,
> >

> > Creating a separate thread ...
> >

> > I will be happy to help with the computer science learning community
> > within P2PU. However, I guess I will have to balance the time I give to
> > P2PU and to
> > diycomputerscience.com
> >
> > A little background:
> > I have been thinking of an online community for CS from a long time. I
> > created a prototype a few years back, but it fell off, because I could
> not
> >  dedicate enough time to it, from my other activities. I again created
> > something a few months back, but could not give a whole lot of time to
> > it. Sometime back I decided to stop all my regular revenue generating
> > work, and work full time on diycomputerscience.com
> >
> > Because of this I will soon need to start generating some revenue from
> > it. Since all my content is free and open, I do not charge people for
> > access, however I do have some thoughts on some potential ways of
> > generating revenues... value added services, careers page, etc. But it's
> > whole lot of experimenting and figuring out what works.
> >
> > Because of all this I am a bit caught up in trying to bootstrap
> > diycomputersciene. But I will be glad to help out in the broader CS
> > courses at P2PU wherever I can.
> >
> > --
> > Thanks & Regards
> > Parag Shah
> > http://blog.adaptivesoftware.biz
> >

> > On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Pippa Buchanan
> > <Pippa.Buchanan at gmail.com>wrote:
> >

> >> (slightly off-topic)
> >>

> >> Parag, I know that you're interested in setting up your site to act as
> >> a potential socially beneficial business, but you could also consider
> >> working to setup a computer science learning community / school within
> >> the greater P2PU? I know that Wesley's also interested in doing this and
> >> there are a lot of relevant courses and groups already being created.
> >>
> >> P*

I think that Cs in p2pu is a very good step, because p2pu teaching cs
courses could promote the research and this would sound nice in all the
world. and i think that the people that choice the theorical road can found
in p2pu good oportunities. cool Parag and other goal pippa.

the spanish Sow & p2pu teams are waiting info about this.

--
Javascript developer & Mootools Consultant
Html5 evangelist