[p2pu-webcraft] feedback on new site design ideas

Pippa Buchanan Pippa.Buchanan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 09:19:33 UTC 2011

Hi  everyone,
the forwarded email will probably be a duplicate for many of you subscribed
to other lists

P2PU is working on the initial phases of a new website and technology
platform. As a result some modes of interaction and terminology will change
- no longer will courses be the primary unit of learning, but people will
join *study groups* and work on *tasks*.

Please read through the below email and most importantly read this blog
post:
http://blogs.p2pu.org/blog/2011/03/29/a-new-website-for-p2pu/

I'd love to hear your input about how School of Webcraft could best operate
in this new context.

If people are interested in a specific School of Webcraft call to discuss
this please let me know and we'll identify a mutually suitable time.

Best,

Pippa
*
[Forwarded from the P2PU Community List]:*

We posted an general update about the development of our new site to
the blog today:

http://blogs.p2pu.org/blog/2011/03/29/a-new-website-for-p2pu/

We also want to get more feedback and input to the design ideas for
the prototype (keeping in mind that this is a "minimal viable product"
- not the long-term full fledged site) and the bigger ideas for the
future.

In the last few weeks, we held two technology design meetings (in
Toronto, and San Francisco) to come up with a high-level roadmap for
the new site. We created wireframes with more detailed descriptions of
the features we intend to build for the prototype. Please submit your
comments directly in lighthouse, or post here to discuss.

* Study Group Home Page --
http://p2pu.lighthouseapp.com/projects/71002-lernanta/tickets/46-study-group-home-page#ticket-46-2
* Schools Home Page --
http://p2pu.lighthouseapp.com/projects/71002-lernanta/tickets/49-schools-home-page