[p2pu-webcraft] How can we best use HTML5 video (Universal Subtitles, Popcorn etc) for awesome Webcraft content?

Dany Javier Bautista Montaña danyjavierb at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 02:22:19 UTC 2011

2011/4/29 Dan Diebolt <dandiebolt at gmail.com>

> >ogg <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogg> is native in all the modern
> browsers.
>
> Ogg Theora is not supported in any version of Safari or IE. The landscape
> is even more uneven if you look at mobile devices support for HTML5 <video>:
>
> http://caniuse.com/#search=video
>
> <http://caniuse.com/#search=video>But in any event, to hold courses
> covering HTML <video> you have to offer a sandbox where you can host user
> contributed video files (ogv, webm, mp4). This lack of hosting is probably
> contributing to the stall in the web made movie course getting off the
> ground.
>
> You can claim activity streams, gravatars, "following" and other social
> features are important but they don't contribute much towards supporting
> WebCraft courses where specific tools, resources and services are needed.

> *Ogg Theora is not supported in any version of Safari or IE. The landscape
is even more uneven if you look at mobile devices support for HTML5 <video>:
*

i was wrong,I did not pay attention when i was writing this line, and i have
remember some.

i use wiziq <http://www.wiziq.com/> for the courses (they bring academic
licences) i used this for the html5 course here in Sow, and supply all the
requirements, later you can download the flv file, and convert to other
formats(for use with html5 video), and the video size is really compact.
pippa maybe could research if we can do this. (if is legal convert this
videos, the download is a option of the site).
you can see my course material and see how work wiziq. p2pu.org/*web*craft/*
experiencias*- <goog_581855562>*web-con-html5<http://p2pu.org/webcraft/experiencias-web-con-html5>
*
* <http://p2pu.org/webcraft/experiencias-web-con-html5> (*i have all the
material in a moodle platform because* i like plan well my courses)*

and this was my method, maybe dan can share with us him  class casting
content for have more ideas.

--
Javascript developer & Mootools Consultant
Html5 evangelist