[p2pu-webcraft] How can we best use HTML5 video (Universal Subtitles, Popcorn etc) for awesome Webcraft content?

Dany Javier Bautista Montaña danyjavierb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 22:04:22 UTC 2011

2011/4/29 Jessica Ledbetter <jessica at jessicaledbetter.com>

> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 1:27 PM, Pippa Buchanan <Pippa.Buchanan at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> There is something very useful about screencasts - but yep - they are a
>> pain to create. Isn't there's overlap with a discussion on the dev list
>> about a how-to around screencasting?
>>

> I'll have to look for that. Thanks :)
>
> --
> Jessica Ledbetter
> http://jessicaledbetter.com

> ok will wait, your procedure for create content, although i think that
first we need know, the video contents of each video,length etc, (the
jessika's  design is nice for a possible implementation)
for instance.

html5 basics.
every video are of 60 min.or more or latter

class 1. Main structure
The <head>
Using new HTML5 structural elements
Styling HTML5 with CSS
When to use the new HTML5 structural
elements

class 2 structuring.
Structuring main content areas
 HTML5 outlines
 WAI-ARIA
Global attributes

class 3 Forms
New input types
etc.....

and the demos can run in the side or somethig like this.

if Sow define the contents and who will make the videos, we have a half of
the work.
ok, html5 is a cool idea we could be example of good implementation,The
bandwith is only a important thing in mobile devices, because if we
implement  html5  in a cool website, we assume  that the user have a modern
web browser, some accesibility problems that produce a implementation of
html5 today are irrelevant, we could assume that the user have a good
bandwith, is a risk of the modern web. although the video size can be reduce
with a good edition.
ogg <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogg> is native in all the modern browsers.

let us risk, and go to the future.

--
Javascript developer & Mootools Consultant
Html5 evangelist