[p2pu-webcraft] What are the core topics that should always have active study groups?

Pippa Buchanan Pippa.Buchanan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 15:39:13 UTC 2011

Thanks JWeb et al.

For the first step on these core groups let's focus on collecting the best
free and open resources for the below three front-end focussed topics and
add them to this wiki page:
http://wiki.p2pu.org/w/page/34268321/School-of-Webcraft-Resources

   - Introductory Web Publishing (Fundamentals, as noted below)
   - HTML 5 & CSS 3 (or whatever the latest incarnations are)
   - Javascript (and intro others, like JQuery)

If we need to structure resources on the P2PUwebsite in a specific way (sub
headings  / a specific resources page per group) we can create a feature
spec for it. But let's first get the initial resources gathered.

@Dan Thanks for the link to The Big Web Show

The world wide web managed to get where it is today by starting off with the
use of an innovative concept called *hyperlinks*.
I trust (and hope) that most people learning to be web developers will be
able to survive with a limited set of features including hyperlinks and can
learn to switch between tabs and pages.

We'll incorporate further features into Lernanta as the project matures
(let's get it to v1.0 before predicting doom :-))