[p2pu-webcraft] Create a mini study group working on embed mockups for new.p2pu.org?

Pippa Buchanan Pippa.Buchanan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 09:27:06 UTC 2011

Hi Dan,

   - I really like that example from the Andrew Woolridge blog.
   - It's a much more minimal example than other JSFiddle embeds I've seen
      and provides viewers with the option of expanding it. Nice!
   - The Lighthouse ticket for this request has the initial iteration of
   this feature listed for release 0.6 on May 23rd - which means that you don't
   have long to wait. :-)
      -
      http://p2pu.lighthouseapp.com/projects/71002/tickets/9-kind-of-content-that-we-can-display

Would you be able to help out on this ticket and organise this work as a
short term (3 week?) study group on new.p2pu.org?

I know that there are overlaps with the examples you made on the current
site <http://p2pu.org/webcraft/embed-external-content-p2pu-pages>, but this
is a great opportunity to have learners respond to a clear feature request,
produce a wireframe and mockup examples in an existing site structure.

   - One thing that would be very useful for you to work on is a wireframe*
      that provides a general use case for embeds in a column with
width 646px and
      height of about 400px (to suit videos).
         - * The habit is for Lernanta devs to use Cacoo for wireframes.
         When you save the wireframe you can also make the wireframe shared and
         editable by the rest of the community.
      - Some ideas:
      - It would be great if embeds could be held in a collapsible div that
         allows for the option of collapsing or opening in a new window
         -  have the URL
displayed<http://33rockers.com/jquery-iframe-plugin-demo/>if
JavaScript is turned off etc
      - If you also want to develop an HTML mockup for the new.p2pu.org site
      I'm sure that would also be very useful.
      - You're welcome to contribute to implementing the tool yourself in
      Lernanta if you're comfortable developing in django.

We'd really appreciate your contributions in getting this first pass of this
feature developed for v0.6. Let's use the Lighthouse ticket for further
discussions if you don't want to create a study group.  Once we've got a
wireframe and potentially an html mockup made we can bring it back for the
community for discussions.

Best,

Pippa