[p2pu-webcraft-announce] School of Webcraft Update - May 10th 2011
Pippa.Buchanan at gmail.com
Tue May 10 13:14:18 UTC 2011
view this update as a blog
- *Want to learn open standards-based web development?*
- Interested in becoming a *web developer*, want to update existing
skills or want to *create webpages* as a hobby?
- Learn what you need to know at School of Webcraft, a project developed
in partnership by Mozilla Foundation <http://mozilla.org/> and P2PU!
Check out our home page
<http://new.p2pu.org/en/schools/school-of-webcraft/>to learn about the
project and see the study groups and courses on offer.
*Can't find a group that suits your needs?*
If you can't find a group you'd like to join, it's easy - create your
Don't feel worried, the *School of Webcraft community* and the *P2PU
team*are here to
*help*! We'll give you advice on *finding learning materials*, creating *course
plans*and show you how to facilitate and promote your group. We'll also put
you in contact with people who can help you build your group.
[image: The Open Web: Identity is the
The Open Web: Identity is the Platform. / Matthew Burpee / CC BY-NC-SA 2.0
*New groups created - can you help develop them?*
There are some *great new topics* under development on the new site. These
groups still need tasks, resources and learning plans outlined before they
can be opened for sign-up. If you'd like to help get these groups get
ready, please *contact the group's organiser*.
- *Federated Social Web*<http://new.p2pu.org/en/groups/federated-social-web/>
- Focus on various protocols used to implement federation
functionality for *social networking*
- *Introduction to PHP*<http://new.p2pu.org/en/groups/introduction-to-php/>
- Discover and *explore server programming* with the PHP scripting
- *Introduction to Django**
- Learn the *Django web framework* for Python
someone who can help?
within School of Webcraft, but we want to collaboratively build
a group that
is the best resource possible.
- *Web Skills for Artists
- Collaborate online with a Portland-based class learning how to *think
creatively about internet development*. This class is intended for
those unfamiliar with the technical territory.
*Groups Currently Open For Sign-Up*
You can still *sign-up to participate* in these groups. You can also *offer
your assistance*to organise and improve a group.
- *Beginning Game Development with HTML
- Learn how to *make games* using web standards
- *HTML 5 Introduction*<http://new.p2pu.org/en/groups/html-introduction/>
- Outlining the *basic elements* of HTML web pages.
- *Interactive Open Video with Popcorn.js*
- This group helps you break into the
* and Popcorn.js <http://popcornjs.org/> projects.
- *Introduction to Contributing to Lernanta*
- This is an introduction to contributing to the *open source
platform*that P2PU runs on: Lernanta.
- *Python Programming
- With *Python*, learning to program is easy and fun!
- *Designing for Communities*<http://p2pu.org/webcraft/designing-communities>
- Learn how to use *design thinking* when designing online communities
*Latest P2PU Platform Release - Lernanta r0.5*
The fortnightly release of features for the new P2PU platform has just come
- School of Webcraft's main
- How can we improve our front page?*Let us
- Group organisers can now *add additional administrators*. This makes
it *much easier* to share responsibility of a group.
- New groups are being created every day!
- We're *preparing to transition* old courses to the new system.
- Old site will be maintained as an archive.
- Give feedback<http://p2pu.uservoice.com/forums/111843-feedback-for-the-new-website?lang=en&utm_campaign=Widgets&utm_content=tab-widget&utm_medium=Popin+Widget&utm_source=p2pu.uservoice.com>on
the new site.
- Want to contribute to the P2PU Platform ?
- *Learn more* at the *Introduction to Contributing to
- *Submit a bug*: Lighthouse
- *Contribute* to Lernanta: Github <https://github.com/p2pu/lernanta>
*Create a study group*
It's easy, just create a P2PU account and follow the
*Got a question about School of Webcraft? *
Check out our Frequently Asked
*Join the Webcraft Discussion List*
To participate in ongoing discussions about the project, sign-up
*Sign up for announcements*
To receive regular announcements about School of Webcraft, sign-up
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the p2pu-webcraft-announce