[p2pu-dev] [p2pu-community] Notes from today's community call

Jane Park janepark at p2pu.org
Thu Jan 17 22:44:43 UTC 2013

I'm sorry I missed it! Esp Nadeem - what a nice surprise! :) I will try to
get over my hangup about Google hangout to join one of these days.

Re P2PU Wikipedia article, and oer related articles on Wikipedia in
general, the CC education team is contributing to this project to help
improve OER articles on Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Communicate_OER. Communicate OER is
also building a course on P2PU School of Open for launch in March. I think
we should all join Communicate OER and help to edit Wikipedia -- because we
are the ones who know so much about it! Or you can wait to take the course,
which will helping people like us get our feet wet in Wikipedia land. :)

Re discussion about another f2f workshop - my preference is to have the
application process include specific description about the course(s) you
are going to create at the meeting. Make it more of a working meeting.
That's definitely what I would want for School of Open -- and what worked
great last year in Berlin: a few committed volunteers built courses.
(Worked out great with Piet and Molly!)

--
School of Open
http://schoolofopen.org