[p2pu-dev] ech call notes 2013-01-03

Brylie Oxley brylie at gnumedia.org
Fri Jan 4 18:14:42 UTC 2013

Hey all,
Going into 2012, I would like to see P2PU utilize modular tools such as quiz,
calendar, annotated wiki page, etc. Basically, small learning components that
can be combined under the umbrella of a "course".

I would like to see P2PU foster partnerships with Khan Academy, OERCommons,
and other Open Educational communities.

It is important that P2PU define, prominently, what it means by 'open', as an
organization.

I say this because there are a lot of organizations claiming to be 'open'
(e.g. some popular MOOC platforms) while their actions, learning resources,
and access to the community are closed.

I see 'open' as defined richly in terms of freedom, such as the freedom
defined website:
http://freedomdefined.org
--
Brylie Oxley