[p2pu-dev] Tech call notes 2013-04-18
dirk at p2pu.org
Thu Apr 18 16:01:01 UTC 2013
- PyCharm (Python IDE) licence
- We got a PyCharm Free Licence for opensource projects in case anyone
wants to use it.
- Licence was issued for the whole project so anyone that works with us
can use the licence. http://etherpad.p2pu.org/p/PyCharm_Licence
- Licence is valid for a year, we can ask for renewal before the year is
- Data expeditions kicked off - basic email composer & scheduler running
( https://github.com/p2pu/mechanical-mooc/ )
- How does the scheduler work?
- Super simple.
- There is a list of emails. For each email you can specify a date/time.
- You can still send manually.
- Each email is sent only once (manual overrides scheduled)
- Merged updated Swedish translation, new Korean translation and partial
- Future: Differentiate between "quality" translations and "in progress"
- DU to reach out to community about translations
- Linode server upgrades (kick self)
- Dev server has been upgraded (runs etherpad server, and also
- never assume something like this will Simply Work
- always backup, always be cautious, always do it when you have time to
deal with resulting problems!!
- DU to reach out to Zack Chase about course running on beta.p2pu.org
- Badges coming along
- a little slower than expected
- Reach out to community to test rich text editor
- push to OBI
- rich text
- integration with p2pu.org
- Course communication
- course announcements
- disqus notifications, etc
- LRMI blog post
- Music MOOC
- give feedback to Chris
- WYSIHTML5-bootstrap has several problems
- adding links
- making a single word bold
- would be good to have a goto editor for richtext/HTML
- my suggestion is stil CKeditor (clientside) http://ckeditor.com/ . It
needs a bit testing before we could use it as default.
- Question about data mail accounts (bounces).
- Goal: Never expose/send-from an email address that bounces
- If we only show the address that bounces during the test mailings,
that's fine. If users see the address (or if it is set as reply-to) then we
should make sure not to bounce replies)
- Board update was written for geeks (and lots of good stuff wasn't
articulated in a way that gets it the attention it deserves) - Have a look
at what I did with it (for next time)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the p2pu-dev