[p2pu-dev] Bugs in the course review system

Jane Park janepark at p2pu.org
Wed Sep 19 16:13:46 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 3:34 AM, Rebecca Kahn <bekka at p2pu.org> wrote:

> Hi folks
>
> I've been doing a bit of testing of the review system for courses, in
> preparation for opening the review up to more members of the community.
> It all seems cool, except at the notification level, which may explain why
> those of us who have been doing reviews haven't had any response.
>
> As both a reviewer and a reviewee, all the notifications about the reviews
> come through to my email, but not to my Profile Inbox on the site - so if
> people have set their notification settings to not get messages by email,
> or are filtering out P2PU email, then they will not receive the messages
> that their course has been reviewd.

I think this is pretty important -- as lots of people will opt out of email
notifications (I do). This type of info, along with what courses I am
currently organizing, should be immediately apparent on my dashboard page.
Right now a lot of the keeping track I do is manual...

> Also, direct messages to a course organiser only seem to come through
> sometimes, which means if you send a review directly to the organiser, they
> may not get the message.
>
> Is this a major thing to fix? Or can anyone think of a work-around in the
> meantime? I think we can, in theory at least,  open up review to a small
> group without things being 100% perfect, but we should probably sort this
> out before we do that.
>
> Thoughts?

School of Open
http://schoolofopen.org