[p2pu-dev] http iframe in an https page

Dan Diebolt dandiebolt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 10:45:26 UTC 2012

>we don't want to disallow embedding content.

That's good news because  disallow seems to have been the prior default
policy and one of my biggest gripes with the P2PU platform. How about
allowing embedded content in this fashion: Allow users to place
unrestricted markup in their posts including seemingly invalid markup such
as <youtube id=xHYVBnwDTks width=420 height=315> and then use AngularJS to
expand the custom markup into HTML on the client for great fun and profit.
Now we know that you can't really allow unrestricted markup because of the
security implications and there already is an adequate way to insert
youtube vids, but think of the ramifications if you could employ new
web technologies that encouraged embedding of external content unless there
was a specific problem caused by it. I am sort of obsessed with AngularJS
right now because of some work I am doing but my real point is that P2PU
should investigate every web technology that would encourage and enable
embedding of external content into the P2PU platform.