[p2pu-dev] p2pu notifications not being sent

Stian Håklev shaklev at gmail.com
Thu May 31 15:18:39 UTC 2012

Ah, that's why I suddenly got lots of notifications, I was wondering at the
explosion of activity! :)

However this raises three other issues, in increasing importance:

1. The title of the group is still weirdly formatted: The Researchers'
Homestead

2. Could we clean up the formatting? Is there a reason why the person's
name is not in the "from" field instead of "no-reply"? Do we need all the
boiler plate at the top of the message:

--
The Researchers' Homestead was updated.

Jennifer Claro posted a new comment at May 26 - June 1
Compliance-without-pressure techniques for Online Communities.

Comment:
---

3. Can we prioritize up enabling two-way email integration (ie being able
to reply to messages and have them posted on the forum).

To my mind, GitHub issues are great examples of something we should strive
towards. They have very nicely formatted subject lines - from the person
sending it (but the from email address is a reply-to at github), the subject
line is simply [project shortname] Topic, and when you open the message the
first thing you see is the actual message, then there are two lines at the
bottom giving you the option of opening the message in GitHub. And of
course you can easily reply to the message directly. And they thread
perfectly in GMail - I have had discussions in GitHub issue messages going
back and forth for 28 messages, most of them sent from GMail, and it works
seemlessly - and is also nicely stored for posterity on GitHub.com.

I really believe improving on this can have a huge impact on participation
in our discussion-based courses!

Stian

http://reganmian.net/blog -- Random Stuff that Matters