[p2pu-dev] small fix with big impact / notification emails (need help)

Philipp Schmidt philipp at p2pu.org
Thu May 3 09:43:48 UTC 2012

I have an itch I can't scratch and hope that someone on the list finds this
an interesting problem to get involved in.

The problem -> Our notification email subject headers. Here is what new
notification emails look like in my Inbox:

http://cl.ly/1V2S0f2P1K3I3W08323o

-> Special characters in the subject are not displayed correctly ... '

-> The [text in square brackets] is randomly truncated .... "Hunting in t"

It would be awesome if any of the Python hackers on this list could help -
and send a pull request that fixes those two issues. I'm happy to help
think through alternatives for the truncation if that would be useful. By
email on the list or on skype (username iphilipp).

The notification emails are one of the most prominent way that new users
interact with our site. Even a minor improvement would make a big
difference.