[p2pu-dev] Read only API discussion and potential study group

zuzel.vp zuzel.vp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 05:54:58 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Jos Flores <josmasflores at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys, been working a bit on the API and I would like to ask a few things:
>
> Please note that we are talking about a read only API for now.

Makes sense to start readonly.

> First of all I would like to have the 'go-ahead' from the project
> lead. Don't want to put time and effort on this if there is no chance
> it will ever be used (I'd rather spend my time fixing bugs).

+1 It is on our project pipeline and has being requested by the community

> I have
> been playing around with tastypie but if you guys would rather use
> some other tool please let me know. Zuzel, could you let me know what
> you think?

It has good documentation. It looks like a good choice.

> Second would be to get feedback from API potential users; what
> information would you guys want the API to expose?

Worth sending email to the community list ans searching for old email
threads about the API feature (if I find them I will send the links)

> Last would be to know if anyone else is interested in working away on
> this with me. My time is limited and I'm a Django newbie, so any help
> would be much appreciated. Do you guys think that creating a Study
> Group for this could work? I'll be happy to organise it.

If you have any django questions or get stuck in something ping me.