[p2pu-dev] Current testing setup -- Lernanta

Jos Flores josmasflores at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 22:01:43 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

thinking about ways to improve test coverage overall, and wondering...
how attached are we to the current testing setup?

I know little about testing django apps, but I can see that test_utils
kinda takes over the test runner.
I see a bunch of DB tests, which are cool, but not what I was
expecting to see. There are no unit tests (as in isolated tests) that
I can find, and I'd like to target that first, and create tests with
every bug fix I work on from now own.

Not sure about nose either. So my main question (again) would be, how
attached are we to test_utils and nose?
It's quite possible the setup was inherited from batucada and no one
knows very well what's going on. If that is the case, can you please
let me know :)

cheers,
Jose