[p2pu-dev] Tech call notes 2012-06-19

Dirk Uys dirk at p2pu.org
Tue Jun 19 14:33:58 UTC 2012

*19 June*

   - *Progress*

   - 18 May release

   - P: Congratulations! All went smooth apparently?

   - DU: Unfortunately not 100% ;-)

   - P: I liked the release notes, but a little more detail may be useful
   for less technical users

   - Metrics trouble

   - Performance issues for metrics queries

   - Could we just update the data once a day / static results tables?

   - Next steps:

   - Goal -> Fix it (could mean improving the way the stats are created, or
   turning it off again)

   - Talk to Paul to see if he has some ideas

   - Notifications

   - Mechanical MOOC Mock-ups, waiting on copy / questions from VMG

   - P: You'll get the question copy later today

   - *Priorities*

   - Metrics Fix [Dirk]

   - Mechanical MOOC [John]

   - Getting feedback from others

   - Email features

   - Prototype this week

   - Notifications [Dirk]

   - Cohorts [John]

   - Wireframes

   - *Problems*

   - Archiving mailing lists for Mechanical MOOC

   - Different options to handle

   - Store copies in P2PU database

   - Store in IMAP folders by mail handler

   - http://documentation.mailgun.net/quickstart.html#using-mailboxes

   - *Processes*

   - Screencasts after new releases

   - Only for major new features

   - Feature "owner" does the screencast (not Dirk), e.g. Vanessa for
   badges, Bekka for community review, etc.