[p2pu-dev] notification emails: escaped chars in subject line

Dirk Uys dirk at p2pu.org
Mon Jun 11 08:21:04 UTC 2012

Hi Jessy

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 4:45 AM, Jessy Kate Schingler
<jessy at jessykate.com>wrote:

> hey guys,
>
> just getting my lernanta dev environment set up again and was thinking of
> working on a fix for the escaped characters in email notifications (as
> in [The Researchers' Hom]...).
>
> but actually it looks fixed in the code i forked today! w00t! dirk, i'm
> now having vague memories that you maybe said you fixed this? so i guess
> it's just not been pushed to production?

You should thank Jose! He did the hard work:
https://github.com/p2pu/lernanta/commit/f40c24dfd6ecd8731ea732c32b589801fbb88c0d

If all goes well, a release should happen on or before next week Monday!

i'm only viewing emails in the shell so also just want to make sure there's
> not a problem further down the line (re-escaping the apostrophe or
> something).

I don't think there should be any trouble? Email subjects are handled as
plain text as far as I know.

I would like to know how we can improve testing notifications when running
the development server? Maybe we can write the notifications to a local
folder or something?

Cheers