[p2pu-dev] Make it easier to go to your own courses

Stian Håklev shaklev at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 03:24:02 UTC 2012

Cross-posting from the HCI course on P2PU (I've been following the Coursera
HCI course, where they talk about user studies, paper prototyping,
talk-aloud etc):

I think it would be really interesting to do some user studies of P2PU.org.
One thing that drives me crazy is that it's so cumbersome to actually get
to the different course pages, unless you bookmark them. If I go to p2pu.org,
being already logged in, there is absolutely nothing interesting on the
frontpage. I have to hover over my user name, and click Dashboard. Then
there are tons of really useless status updates (all of which I have
received in the mail - with actual content, already), and I have to go all
the way down to find a collection of tiny tiny icons, signifying all
courses I've signed up for, including several that I haven't been active in
for months and months (but who bothers to actively withdraw from a course),
to find the link to the two courses I'm actually active in - this one, and
the Researcher Homestead one...

(Of course I can click on a link from an email announcement, but still,
this seems like something obvious that would be discovered by studying how
people actually approach P2PU.org?)

--

 and by the way, would it be possible to fix the email notification subject
lines, right now it looks like: [The Researchers' Hom]

Stian
--
http://reganmian.net/blog -- Random Stuff that Matters