[p2pu-dev] more p2pu direct message spam

Stian Håklev shaklev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 19:08:37 UTC 2012

I remember we used to have very aggressive captcha, which was quite
annoying (especially when the course organizer of a course had to fill it
out everytime he/she was sending a message), but we could have a captcha or
even some other way of controlling private messages. That said, if someone
is hiring people in India to sit and solve these manually, there's not a
whole lot we can do. I think it would be very sad if we limited messages to
people who follow you - I sent a message to a Chinese user a few days ago,
who in her profile talked about a project in China, and just got a reply
back that was very interesting - how would I have been able to contact her
without the private messaging function, I'm not even in her course.

Stian

http://reganmian.net/blog -- Random Stuff that Matters