[p2pu-dev] Fwd: [Scoda-dev] Announcing Data Wrangling Handbook Sprint 18th & 19th July

Philipp Schmidt philipp at p2pu.org
Mon Jul 16 07:40:32 UTC 2012

Let's sprint!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Jen Lowe*
Date: Monday, July 16, 2012
Subject: [Scoda-dev] Announcing Data Wrangling Handbook Sprint 18th & 19th
July
To: school-of-data at lists.okfn.org, scoda-dev at lists.okfn.org

Hi all,

We're holding two Data Wrangling
Handbook<http://handbook.schoolofdata.org/>sprints this week - both
live and virtual. Details are below and more
information is on the School of Data
blog<http://schoolofdata.org/2012/07/16/data-wrangling-handbook-sprints-july-18th-in-portland-july-19th-everywhere/>
.

*## Data Wrangling Handbook sprint *

Live: in Portland, Oregon on *Wednesday 18th July*, from 3-7pm PDT. This
will be a hands on workshop to create and edit content for the Data
Wrangling Handbook.

Virtual: *Thursday 19th July*, we will be holding a designated online
sprint. This will take place on *IRC *(#schoolofdata on freenode) from
*4pm – 8pm UTC; 5pm – 9pm BST; 6pm-10pm CEST
*9am – 1pm PDT; 10am – 2pm MDT; 11am – 3pm CDT; 12pm – 4pm EDT.
*All are welcome!

Sign-up on the etherpad:* http://schoolofdata.okfnpad.org/handbooksprint*

During both events, we particularly welcome:
*writing content - you can sign up for a particular section
here<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As7SlXOfqYlUdFc3OFBTWFU2UEJGVDhkRHdCRmd1cWc#gid=0>
*editing content
*suggesting additional resources for further reading

Our last sprint was a huge success, with over 60 people in attendance
throughout the event. We're looking forward to seeing some exciting changes
to the handbook over the next week!

Thanks!! Please let us know if you have any questions, ideas, or
suggestions for the handbook or School of Data.

Best,
Jen

--
Jen Lowe