[p2pu-dev] Trying to understand OSQA user authentication

Lucas Vickers lucasvickers at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 04:10:07 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am trying to understand and get basic user authentication functioning in
OSQA.  I am trying to find the easiest user login method possible.  I need
to create users, and if necessary I can do this through a mysql interface
but I would prefer a logical method.

I have the install and by default when I go to the login page my options
are a local user or the openID.

LOCAL LOGIN:
When using the local login, I get error:
(1146, "Table 'lernanta.users_userprofile' doesn't exist")
which leads me to ask
1) What is the linkage between lernanta and OSQA?  Can OSQA exist without
lernanta?
2) Where do local users get created in the combined workflow?

OPENID LOGIN:
I tried to use my google openID and I see the following.  I have edited it
slightly

[Sun Jan 29 22:58:26 2012] [error] Generated checkid_setup request to
https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/ud?source=profiles with assocication
[taken out by me]
[Sun Jan 29 22:58:27 2012] [error] Received id_res response from
https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/ud?source=profiles using association
[taken out by me]

There is no other information.  I found limited information on the
meta.osqa.net site.
Is thee any information pertaining to how I can configure this?  Any
tutorial, etc?

thank you,
Lucas