[p2pu-dev] Unpredictable font, color and line distance in copy/paste

John Britton john at p2pu.org
Mon Feb 13 13:26:03 UTC 2012

Our current editor situation is sub-par, improving the editor is worth
doing and would make the site much more useable.

@Paul (Brian, & Jessy too, but you know this already) - Improving our
editor is a well defined project, and I'd like to encourage you to take a
stab at solving it. Since we're open source you can grab the code on github
and start trying out solutions. If you decide to start coding, I recommend
soliciting feedback from the community early so that you don't have to
repeat work. The dev list is also a great place to get ideas for different
solutions. Let me know if you want to work on this and I'm happy to help if
you need anything specific.

<opinion>
On the topic of editors, I, like Brian, would prefer something Markdown
based.

If we deem that a WYSIWYG is necessary for P2PU, I'd like for us to store
Markdown rather than HTML (the HTML they make is terrible) and give the
option to enter markdown directly.
</opinion>

Cheers,
John Britton