[p2pu-dev] Server maintenance

Dirk Uys dirk at p2pu.org
Wed Aug 22 05:50:57 UTC 2012

Hi Chris, Jose

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 11:35 PM, Jos Flores <josmasflores at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree with Chris about the upgrade; if it's still getting security
> updates and you have the versions of the packages that you want to
> use, what's the use of upgrading?

Agreed! We are currently running Ubuntu 9.10! End of live was the 30th
of April 2011 (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases)

> Also, with regards to downtime, it is not really all that bad to be
> down for scheduled maintenance, as long as users are notified in
> advance. Shouldn't be much of a problem.
>
> Isn't badges closed for modifications? or was that the idea a couple
> of weeks/months ago? If so, it could be installed somewhere else with
> a copy of the DB and it wouldn't even need to by sync'ed, right?

Yes, it should be closed. I think you can still login with a p2pu
account and vote, but it should actually be read-only. I also think a
copy of the db should be fine.

> is pad running from an old etherpad or etherpad-lite?

I'm not sure, I suspect it's etherpad-lite?