[p2pu-dev] [p2pu-community] Progress on the read-only API effort

Jos Flores josmasflores at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 19:33:51 UTC 2012

Hey guys,

we've been doing bits and pieces for the API and we've reached the
functionality we said we'd need before making it available as a
pre/alpha/beta or whatever we want to call it (the subdomain
redirection has to be tested... well all of it should be tested, but
the subdomain specially, I'd say!).

I'm sure you guys are busy and that's not a problem, we are not in a
rush, but Ricardo and myself were thinking about what's next for us?
we'll be adding throttling and caching shortly (there are cards in
trello explaining this already, and I'll add it as soon as I have
about an hour to spare).

Shall we go down the route of exposing more information or would it be
cool to have a client? We can always do both but would like to see how
you'd prioritise it.

For a client I can think of a mobile app (html5 app) and also Jessy's
idea about embed-able widgets for other sites. Any other ideas out
there?

What other information/resources should we be exposing? Right now you
can grab information about Schools, Badges, Users, and Projects
(course/group/challenge).

All ideas welcome, feel free to brainstorm! :)

cheers,
José