[p2pu-dev] Getting Involved

Dirk Uys dirk at p2pu.org
Thu Apr 5 20:14:54 UTC 2012

A few tips that may help anyone trying to get started with the lernanta
codebase:

$ apt-get install graphviz graphviz-dev

In your development environment (iow after you issued "workon lernanta")
run:

$ pip install django-extensions
$ pip install Werkzeug
$ pip install pygraphviz

You can then run the debug server using

$ python manage.py runserver_plus

This gives you the werkzeug debugger! You can now do things like put "raise
Exception()" in a view function and then use the interactive debugger in
your browser to see what happened up until that point!

Another useful command is:

$ ./manage.py graph_models -a -g -o my_project_visualized.png

which gives you a diagram of all the models!

Hope that helps a little

Cheers
Dirk