[p2pu-dev] P2PU Chinese Translation

John Britton john at p2pu.org
Tue Apr 3 08:09:33 UTC 2012

This is a really cool discussion. Although I only know a tiny bit of
Chinese I would like to suggest that we try and come up with something that
has four parts so that we can easily connect the brands to each other. I
think if we use a three character name that can be written with the four
colors that is ok too (as long as it makes sense).
--
contact info:
http://www.johndbritton.com

2012/4/3 VampB <vampireb at gmail.com>

> I like how 伙伴 has the additional connotation of friendship. +1
>
> I would like to chime in with my own suggestion as well. I want to call
> P2PU "互学院" or "互学堂".
> "互" suggest reciprocal actions, usually referring to equivalent parties.
> "学院" can be used as a general term for schools, or if used officially,
> colleges.
>
> First of all, I feel that a three-character-word has a more dynamic and
> active vibe comparing to four-character ones.
> Secondly, this takes advantage of the flexibility in Chinese language.
> Though "学院" alone stands for college, "互学" can be interpreted together as
> "learn from each other", and the whole word "a college to learn from each
> other".
> Last but not least, I love how "互" is one of the pictographic ideograms
> where the shape suggests the meaning.
> I attached a very crude image as an example. Please try to imagine it with
> a better looking font and better quality.
> <http://?ui=2&ik=36f80eb735&view=att&th=136761e2c26721ab&attid=0.1&disp=safe&realattid=f_h0kcqw4p0&zw>
> Bo.Zhang
>
> 2012/3/29 谢昱 <emiliaxie at qq.com>
>
>> OpenYUE, we call it as "开悦公共大学”(OpenYUE public unviersity;open means the
>> platform is availible for everyone;YUE in Chinese means "happy"),As
>> for P2PU , "peer to peer"in Chinese we call "同辈or朋辈or 伙伴”.
>> Maybe “ 伙伴大学”or“伙伴社区”is ok。"伙伴"focus on p2p;
>> Emilia Xie:)
>>
>> **

>>> oruser-3/passwordtologinthere.
>>> IamgoingtobeawayforaweekstartingthisFridayandIambackon
>>> Feb13th(Monday).Iamplanningtodoareleasearoundthefirstdays
>>> oftheweekofthe13th.Soitshouldbeonthep2pusitebymid