[p2pu-dev] Updated Challenges Mockup

Jessica Ledbetter jessica at jessicaledbetter.com
Mon Sep 26 16:30:31 UTC 2011

And it's disabled if there person's not eligible to submit for the badge. So
we'll need a way to store whether or not it passes that test (variable) and
use that in the disabled part. Otherwise, the browser won't know whether or
not to enable it and will always keep it disabled. (If that's way too much
info, feel free to stop here but you mentioned you wanted to know more about
this stuff.)

For example:
https://github.com/p2pu/lernanta/blob/master/lernanta/templates/projects/sidebar.html

line 102 {% if organizing %}

If the person is organizing the study group, then show the edit button. If
you're curious where "organizing" comes from, ping me and I'll show you that
too. But we (Zuzel or I) are writing that part -- unless I hear differently.

So, we'll need to use some sort of way to ask that question ("Is this person
eligible to submit for the badge?") because we're going to ask it on the
front end and the back. That way if someone has enabled the button on the
front end either accidentally or on purpose, we catch them on the back end.

Reasons the person isn't eligible:
* not logged in
* hasn't finished all the self-assessments

Reasons the text/behavior might be different:
* has the badge and it's a one-time-only type badge
* has already submitted for the badge but it hasn't been awarded yet

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Dan Diebolt <dandiebolt at gmail.com> wrote:

> disabled is a boolean attribute
>
> $('.apply-badge-button').attr("disabled","disabled");
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/intro/sgmltut.html#h-3.3.4.2

Jessica Ledbetter
http://jessicaledbetter.com