[p2pu-dev] Updated Challenges Mockup

Jessica Ledbetter jessica at jessicaledbetter.com
Mon Sep 26 14:56:01 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Arlton Lowry <arltonlowry at gmail.com>wrote:

> > Maybe also lower saturation so it doesn't look "active"? I think you'd
> said something about having 'next challenge' being a link so the non-active
> state of the 'Apply for Badge' button wouldn't be so obvious next to a link.
> (For what it's worth, I still dig the idea of navigation being different
> than an action button.)
>
> I'm working on this right now. I should have an update sometime this
> afternoon. Thanks for the input. :)
>
> Cool beans.

> > So if someone clicks "Apply for Badge" and they aren't finished
> self-assessing themselves on all the tasks (aka, they are incomplete), can
> they still apply for the badge? If not, what's a good error message that we
> can show that won't frustrate? Maybe something like "If you had completed
> all the tasks, you would be applying for [show badge choice screen people
> that have self-assessed get]."
>
> I've never done it before, but there's got to be a way to make the button
> un-clickable until the user has completed all tasks. I'm going to look into
> that. If I can find a solution, we should not have to worry about an error
> message.

Yes, that's very doable. Can be "disabled" based on something coming up from
the backend. For example: Is the person looking at this page eligible for
applying for this badge? (that would make sure that the person is logged in,
finished tasks, etc.) If it's true, then the button is clickable. If not,
then no soup one year.

We'll have the badges that are available on the left (right?) so that should
spur folks into completing too. :)

--
Jessica Ledbetter
http://jessicaledbetter.com