[p2pu-dev] Updated Challenges Mockup

Chloe Varelidi chloe at varelidi.com
Fri Sep 23 06:48:13 UTC 2011

I don't think we should hide badges until they complete all the tasks. I
think people should be able to see what they can potentially apply for/what
they are working towards, including the rubrics/criteria. It will be clear
that they have to complete the tasks since the badge tasks says to post the
completed work from the challenge, but otherwise we are missing out on the
motivational aspects of the badges, as well as metacognition opportunities
by knowing the rubrics ahead of time.
+1 on not hiding the badges, i think it is important to show them as part of
the task rather than an afterthought (even if that means they are visually
in the same page ).

also just so you guys have a clear picture of how many badges we have for
this phase, here is the badge directory;
http://pad.p2pu.org/badge-directory
(possibly will be adding some skill badges, after Jamie completes the two
newest challenges #6 & #7)
*The badges per challenge with the rubrics can be found in the individual
challenge etherpads http://pad.p2pu.org/webcraft-challenges

Chloe Varelidi
http://varelidi.com/