[p2pu-dev] jsFiddle and Syntax Highlighting

zuzel.vp zuzel.vp at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 14:29:22 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 7:16 AM, Dan Diebolt <dandiebolt at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am not sure how jsFiddles are getting embedded because they are not on the
> embedly service list which I would think is definitive:
> http://api.embed.ly/v1/api/services

The info we got from embed.ly for the fiddle urls you tried
(http://pastie.org/2543165) did not had any problems in most of the
cases so the embeds worked.

> But nevertheless these two versions of a fiddle will embed:
> [embed:http://jsfiddle.net/dandiebolt/agaCq/]
> [embed:http://jsfiddle.net/dandiebolt/agaCq/show/]
> while the specific tabbed version is mangled when embedded:
> [embed:http://jsfiddle.net/dandiebolt/agaCq/embedded/result,html,js,css/]
> In any case it would be nice to get the the bottom of this and learn how to
> control the height of the jsFiddle embed as it always gets inserted into a
> iframe with height-300px which is going to be too short in a lot of cases.

Right now the witdh is fixed so it works both for embeds in comments
and tasks, but we should try to add improments in the future (as time
permits).

> Also it would be nice to get line numbers on the prettify syntax
> highlighting on every line not just every fifth line. There is a one line
> fix for this in the
> http://p2pu.org/media/js/libs/prettify/prettify.css
> Fix: Just remove this css definition:
> li.L0,li.L1,li.L2,li.L3,li.L5,li.L6,li.L7,li.L8 {
> list-style:none;
> }

I will try this out thanks.

Thanks,