[p2pu-dev] first webmaking 101 challenge group on alpha.p2pu.org

zuzel.vp zuzel.vp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 17:41:26 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Arlton Lowry <arltonlowry at gmail.com> wrote:
> Zuzel, great job on getting this first release pushed out. I know you've
> been working really hard on it.
> Some thoughts:
> 1. I really think the slab-serif typeface used on the p2pu.org and
> alpha.p2pu.org sites needs to be changed. Can anyone else point to another
> site that uses a slab-serif typeface exclusively for all the text on the
> site? I don't know of one. We need to provide the users the familiarity that
> they find on the rest of the web. They don't need to be jostled by how
> different the typeface of the P2PU content is.

No complains in changing the font for the whole site. I was just
waiting for feedback about it. If no one complains about the change we
can merge that part asap.

> 2. Should the user be able to reorder the tasks? If so, why? I assume that
> Jamie has the tasks setup so that the user needs to complete each task in
> order.

Organizers have to be able to reorder them (in case they want to
insert a new one in the middle). Is not something peers taking the
challenge need to do since the tasks are not collaborative (in that
sense challenge groups work more like courses than study groups).

> 3. I will look into how to style the jQuery UI progress bar. It should't be
> that difficult.

Thanks, I was also thinking it does not look fancy (did not see any
css at the fork so I leave it with the default style).

> 4. I need to fix the way the tasks display when the user isn't logged in, or
> have not signed up for the challenge.

+1