[p2pu-dev] Available for testing: Exporting course data to a CSV file

Jessica Ledbetter jessica at jessicaledbetter.com
Fri Sep 9 16:59:27 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 12:50 PM, zuzel.vp <zuzel.vp at gmail.com> wrote:

> A few implementation questions:
>
> * Active on the site. -- Activite on the {{ project.kind }} ?

Yes, active on the {{ project.kind }} However, if it's "last active" then
it's when the person was last active on the site itself. It's a better
indicator than last_login since accounts don't expire and don't need to
relogin much.

> * Do dates with everything on 0 need to be included in the csv? What
> are the start, end dates on this file? I am wondering how big the CSV
> will get?

No, dates with all zeros probably don't but I included for consistency sake.
If Karen wants to drop that, I can. When in Excel/CSV, the column can also
be hidden too.

Start is creation date of the project. End is the creation date or last
activity (example: edit, comment) depending on which is greater.

The CSV could get huge.

* Non-participants == Not-loggedin? -- I visited some course pages with
> user-43.

Non-participants are not logged in or are previous participants (have
edits/comments). I can add non-participants that never were a participant
and are just viewing pages.

--
> Thanks,
>     Zuzel
>
> On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 10:47 AM, Jessica Ledbetter
> <jessica at jessicaledbetter.com> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I've already told Karen and now letting you all know. The latest code is
> > available on
> http://alpha.p2pu.org:8092/en/groups/testmetrics/admin/metrics/
> > so that certain users at this time (Karen, and P2PU site admins) can
> export
> > detailed information about a course's activity.
> >
> > This is based on the Course Metrics Roadmap:
> > https://github.com/p2pu/lernanta/wiki/Course-Metrics-Roadmap
> >
> > To see what it looks like:
> > http://alpha.p2pu.org:8092/en/groups/testmetrics/admin/metrics/
> > login: user-3
> > password: password
> >
> > Click "export data" for the CSV file.
> >
> > I'm going to refactor the code to clean it up but that won't affect the
> UI
> > but may affect whether the site is available when you hit it. If it's not
> > available, try again in a few minutes. If it's not available for more
> than a
> > few minutes, please email me and I'll look into it.
> >
> > This will be going into production on Tuesday.
> >
> > If you have questions, suggestions, etc., please let me know.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Jessica
> >

> > --
> > Jessica Ledbetter