[p2pu-dev] (feedback needed) new group type: Challenge
Alison Jean Cole
alison at p2pu.org
Wed Sep 7 17:44:48 UTC 2011
1) Add new radio button option at http://p2pu.org/en/groups/create/ to
allow creation of challenges.
* I need a one sentence description of what a challenge is like the
ones we are using for study group, course. Ideas welcome and maybe
John/Jamie/Arlton/... can give us a few initial options?
2) Change signup functionality for challenge groups:
* change name of the participate button to Enroll
* for signup logic, people just click that button and get signed up
without needing to any signup answer questions
* the signup page is not accessible since it will not be used
3) Add self assessment functionality to challenge group tasks (do we
want to have this part for study groups and courses as well? +1 from
* participants can check off the tasks they consider they have
already completed and this will be first displayed only to them when
they see the task list
* there was a discussion about check off vs. strike out, please give
you opinion (the mockup
https://gomockingbird.com/mockingbird/#m5ase18/epp0iO is using strike
Strikeouts are stronger and more prominent, perhaps checkmarks are cleaner
but not as powerful?
* self-assessment is not related to badges (this will be covered by
Jessica in another email)
Like this. How would self assessment work? Mandatory to check off/slash out
or through comments?
* display summary of how many tasks the user has marked as completed
when (s)he views the task list ()
* discuss options about displaying completion information to others
(can be future todo):
** show the number of people who check off the task on the task list/
task page (five friends/peers/people completed this task)
** show who completed the task
Like this. Seeing how others have done could be good motivator.
Other proposed changes I am not starting to work on yet but I am
bringing to your attention for feedback (see
https://gomockingbird.com/mockingbird/#m5ase18/epp0iO and status of
current implementation on demo
http://alpha.p2pu.org:8091/en/groups/new-group/ -- still in progress)
because those are next and they could at some point be extended for
other kinds of groups.
I would like to see these design simplifications carry over into study
groups & courses, too.
4) Disabling features and changing layout on challenge groups:
* Display complete task list on the home page (not on another page)
* No wall activity stream
* No discussions outside tasks (now supported on the wall for study
groups and courses)
* No RSS activity feed? -- Not clear if this will be removed since it
is not visible on the mockups
* Remove tasks list from the sidebar
* Remove external links + subscriptions
* People avatars more prominently displayed, on the main section of
the course page. larger avatars (removed from sidebar)
* Did I forgot something? What about
under-development/not-listed/ archived status? and the full description
Happy to see subscriptions go. Feature is generally underused and poses
potential spam amplification.
re: status - Would like to know if course is/not running. Users currently
confused by this as some organizers never mark courses complete. Could
inactivity after x amount of days trigger some sort of "latent/inactive"
Great work team!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the p2pu-dev