[p2pu-dev] ConneXions Course Successful Embedded Within P2PU

Dan Diebolt dandiebolt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 19:20:47 UTC 2011

With help from Kathi Fletcher of cnx.org, her colleague Marvin Reimer,
and Davide P. Cervone of union.edu and the MathJax project, we sorted out
the MathJax rendering problem (it was pretty simple fix in the end). So
here is an updated screenshot of a random cnx learning module embedded
within the P2PU platform with proper rendering of the math equations:

http://i.imgur.com/2V7rl.jpg

Here is the original learning module on cnx.org

http://cnx.org/content/m0050/latest/

and here it is on our beloved p2pu platform:

http://p2pu.org/en/groups/lernanatron/content/connexions-course-iii/

Unless you use the bookmarklet or the user script to modify the <iframe>
height you will have to scroll. But we have a new version of the famous
Lernanatron user script that uses HTML5's postMessage feature to
automatically resize the <iframe> to the height of the <iframe>'s content.

The embed code used on P2PU was changed to apply the fix

[embed:http://jsfiddle.net/dandiebolt/5kFQW/show/]

corresponding to this fiddle:

http://jsfiddle.net/dandiebolt/5kFQW/embedded/

The most amazing thing about this approach is the techniques used do not
even depend on cnx. The same methods can be used to embed any open learning
content within the P2PU platform despite the fact that you don't properly
support <iframe>s and I never touched your Python / Django server code.