[p2pu-dev] Issues when exploring P2PU

John Britton john at p2pu.org
Mon Oct 17 14:03:18 UTC 2011

Hey Nick,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, we're always listening and will use your
feedback to prioritize development going forward.

- I found out about a "Build your own Facebook" course and was surprised to
> see nearly 300 subscribers. If I join, are there are a good number of active
> users?  If I don't join, which School has similar courses that I could join
> instead?  It's difficult to see this from the course page.
> http://p2pu.org/en/groups/create-your-own-facebook/

I see how this could be frustrating, we will be putting time into the user
experience around discovery of groups and courses soon. This will definitely
be addressed at that time.

- I clicked on "Intro" and read the organizer's write-up, but there is no
> timestamp.  This makes it difficult for me to figure out when the course
> began.

Good point, noted.

- I clicked on Sign-up, read directions, and then see many others' sign-up
> answers.  The placement of the "Post answer" button is unexpectedly above
> what I just read.  I see some people who I wouldn't want to work with, but a
> few who describe a similar skill level in MySQL and PHP. Can I join some
> kind of study group with these people? Maybe writing a reply is the best
> mechanism for this? Teaming up might seem unnecessary, but when I ran my
> videos course several people suggested that I could use P2PU to create
> separate video and programming groups.

This is interesting, I could see a possibility of highlighting the group
members that are most important to you and de-emphasizing the others

- Side note: I find the auto-answer to every one of my course's sign-ups
> ('Welcome Aboard  You're a participant now') good-natured, but impersonal.
> Is there a way I can type special responses?

Right now there is not. I think we'll spend some time evaluating all the
email communications that we send to users and address this then.

Cheers,
John Britton
--
contact info: