[p2pu-dev] Creating a Promotional Schedule for P2PU

zuzel.vp zuzel.vp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 17:05:58 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 12:23 PM, Alison Cole <alison at p2pu.org> wrote:
> Input needed
>
> Promotional Schedule  (from: http://pad.p2pu.org/the-list)
>
> owner: alison
>
> dev: john, zuzel
>
> notes: create system in which users are walked through the creation process
> and naturally inclined to finish and submit their challenges, courses and
> groups to P2PU for promotion
>
> deadline: OCT 2011

Idea +1 -- best form I can think off for making rounds back in an improved way.

Deadline -1 -- Will create another thread about why so this one does
not gets lost. -- I will talk in the other thread about deadlines vs.
priorities in dev workflow plan.

> Some ideas on the process:
>
> provide infographic on what a great course/challenge/group looks like (chloe
> + alison)

> provide links in creation process to corresponding information in help desk
> (zuzel, john, alison)

> provide clear schedule
> all first drafts "not listed" by default?
> courses must have a certain percentage of completion before being viewable
> (but still under development) - related:
> http://p2pu.lighthouseapp.com/projects/71002-lernanta/tickets/464

requirements should only apply to promotion not running/changing the
courses status. under-development, .... and the other roles are used
for for non-promotion releated logic as well.

> when course is ready provide "submit for promotion" tag/button? (john/zuzel)

+1 link "submit for the sept-october promotion campain" visible if
course satisfies basic conditions to be reviewed for promotion.

this however has the risk of being again in the condition that we had
with schools before (where we could have the need to politedly reject
courses to be promoted)