[p2pu-dev] making it easier for users to log bugs

zuzel.vp zuzel.vp at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 16:13:44 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 3:39 AM, Philipp Schmidt <philipp at p2pu.org> wrote:
> There doesn't seem to be an easy place to log bug reports anymore.

Which was the easy place before and why?

> I can add
> tickets to lighthouse - but that's probably asking too much from a casual
> user.

That is true. I expect the causal user to visit help.p2pu.org An
example of a bug report in help.p2pu.org is:
http://help.p2pu.org/discussions/problems/7-i-cant-figure-out-how-to-use-moderated-signups

Should we change the footer Found a Bug? to also point to
http://help.p2pu.org/discussion/new

> I could also start a discussion on the help site - but help doesn't
> feel like the right place to report a bug.

It will be good to get feedback of casual users about this matter. I
don't think staff or active community members will need/choose to
start a discussion at help.p2pu.org to report bugs since they know
about the existence of lighthouse.

> It should be as simple as possible to report that something isn't working as
> intended. I've added this to the lighthouse in the meantime:

> -> On the Webmaking 101 challenges, the link for "Sign up as a mentor" and
> "Request a mentor" both point to the same form.
> http://p2pu.lighthouseapp.com/projects/71002-lernanta/tickets/582-bug-link-to-mentor-and-mentee-form-on-challenges-points-to-same-form

Thanks for the report. Fixed.