[p2pu-dev] feedback on badges UX

Philipp Schmidt philipp at p2pu.org
Sat Nov 19 13:09:10 UTC 2011

I played around with the HTML Basic badge today and noticed a few things.
One thing for Zuzel that's probably worth looking at right away, and notes
for chloe on content and UX for future improvements.

@ zuzel - notifications

I don't remember getting a notification that someone had posted a review to
my application. I get A LOT of notification from p2pu and might have missed
it, but I'd appreciate if you could confirm that we are sending out
notifications for new reviews. A lot of how well the badges work hinges on
this.

@ chloe

Badge definition -
http://p2pu.org/en/badges/html-basic<http://p2pu.org/en/badges/html-basic/submissions/1/>

   - The description of the badge is disassociated from a particular
   project, but most of the reviewers come to the badge from the Mark Up HTML
   In the Real World challenge. They are using that context to evaluate other
   peoples' work. For example, I got a negative review because I hadn't posted
   an image - but the badge description doesn't mention an image. All the
   other people did submit images, because that's what they were doing in the
   challenge.
   - The submitted work doesn't have any obvious connection to MDN (it's
   not clear how you would show that you are able to use MDN).

Reply to Review

   - Need the ability to discuss reviews (I want to reply to the the review
   I received to explain why I didn't post an image).

Show Who Has the Badge

   - The list of people should let you see who already has the badge - and
   might not need a review anymore.
   - http://p2pu.org/en/badges/html-basic/submissions/
   - Justine has the badge already, but it still asks me to review her work

Two different views of the same information

   - These two pages seem to contain largely the same content - can we
   integrate?