[p2pu-dev] P2PU Homepage

Jessy Kate Schingler jessy at jessykate.com
Wed Nov 2 15:13:34 UTC 2011

i agree the round buttons still look clickable. also some comments i had
given on the logo-emphasis earlier:

one of the things that has always really differentiated p2pu IMO is that as
> soon as you land on the main page, your first impression is of "the
> community" and not "the organization." I miss that in this version.

i see and like that there's the featured courses now, but somehow i still
feel jarred by the logos on the top, even small, and wish there was more of
a human/community feel aboutit.

i DO think it's beautiful!
jessy

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Rebecca Kahn <bekka at p2pu.org> wrote:

> Like any change, there are going to be dissenters no matter what we do.
>> However, I feel very strongly that including the logos gives us
>> creditability and raises our status in prospective new users eyes. When
>> someone comes to our site, the first thing they should be presented with is
>> an understanding of what P2PU is, a way to sign up, and some form of
>> credibility - hence the logos. Peoples attention span is very short. We
>> need to get their attention while we can.
>>

> I can't speak for everyone who has feelings about the logos, but for me,
> the issue really is about bias. Perhaps the neagtiave response was just to
> the test logos? After all, I see no harm in including logos of some of the
> non-US, non-English publications who have featured us. It gives a nice
> sense of our global reach and highlights the fact that we're an
> organisation with a global community. Somehow, that feels better than just
> US/English language media.

Jessy
http://jessykate.com