[p2pu-dev] P2PU Homepage

Arlton Lowry arltonlowry at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 13:35:54 UTC 2011

> Overall - very nice!
>
> There was a discussion when the first version came out about the logos of publications that had featured P2PU. I personally don't feel strongly about it, but I remember that there was a pretty clear negative reaction - it was perceived as showing off and wanted to look too much like a start-up. I'd love to get a reading on how others feel about it before we decide to keep, loose, or modify them.

Like any change, there are going to be dissenters no matter what we do. However, I feel very strongly that including the logos gives us creditability and raises our status in prospective new users eyes. When someone comes to our site, the first thing they should be presented with is an understanding of what P2PU is, a way to sign up, and some form of credibility - hence the logos. Peoples attention span is very short. We need to get their attention while we can.

> Love the log-in lightbox!

Still fleshing that out. :)

I agree - this could be fleshed out more. John and I had discussed making them rollovers that would present the user with some information about that step - similar to Twilio's homepage - http://www.twilio.com/. I also think the arrows could be a little bit more apparent in showing a flow between each step. The graphics are meant to look like badges, since we are adopting them. We could have a "Featured Badge" section, or "Latest Badges Earned" section on the homepage that showcased users that have recently earned badges.

> Wordsmithing:
>
> "At P2PU, people work together to learn a particular topic by completing tasks, assessing individual and group work, and providing constructive feedback."
>
> "At P2PU, people learn together by joining courses, collaborating on learning challenges, asking and answering questions, and providing constructive feedback."

I agree. +1