[p2pu-dev] P2PU API

Hemanth H.M hemanth.hm at gmail.com
Tue May 31 16:18:30 UTC 2011

Hello All,
I had created a course called  paws on web
apis<http://new.p2pu.org/en/groups/paws-on-web-apis/>will is still
under development, as of now the subject is very general,
would be happy to involve more and contribute towards making an API for the
P2PU.  Please guide me through in making a proper plan. Thank you all.

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 8:44 PM, John Britton <public at johndbritton.com>wrote:

> I'd love to have a clear understanding of what we're doing about data
> privacy. Ideally we should be telling people that anything they submit (save
> for passwords,  billing info, or anything else we promise not to share) will
> be publicly accessible. The default state for data submitted to the site is
> pubilc.
>
> --
> contact info:
> http://www.johndbritton.com
> @johndbritton - http://twitter.com/johndbritton
>

> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 4:16 AM, Philipp Schmidt <phi.schmidt at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On 31 May 2011 06:01, Jessy Kate Schingler <jessy at jessykate.com> wrote:
>>
>>> i agree with stian;s characterization. let's call the statistics stuff a
>>> reporting API, and the other an extension API (as in, people could use it to
>>> extend the ways people interact with p2pu).
>>>

>> this is a good distinction. i know that our lawyers have serious concerns
>> about anything that exposes user data (even in semi-aggregate form, and even
>> if the same data could be scraped from the site) which affects the reporting
>> API. however, metrics are an in-house priority so even if we can't easily
>> make this data available through an API, we will have much better reporting
>> / tracking / status information in the near future.
>>
>> i'd love to push on the idea of the extension API, because that seems an
>> opportunity to build additional features and ways to learn for our users,
>> and connect P2PU to other sites/platforms/services.
>>
>> -- P

*'I am what I am because of who we all are'*
h3manth.com <http://www.h3manth.com>
*-- Hemanth HM *