[p2pu-dev] problems with mobile UX on new.p2pu.org

Jessy Kate Schingler jessy at jessykate.com
Fri May 27 17:03:30 UTC 2011

another way to look at this is as a bit of a chicken and egg thing. if it's
painful to participate in the site from a mobile device, no wonder it's only
5% of our traffic :).

i generally agree with you that this isn't an immediate priority since we
have a lot of priorities! i also think the nature of most courses isn't such
that there's likely to be a huge mobile-device-participation contingent...

although, it does make me wonder what that would look like, and if there's
some new opportunities there. for example, courses designed around game play
with very simple UI components to indicate task completion, or to correlate
to physical actions like arrival at a location or disvovery of an item
(imagining open street maps courses or civics courses).

if anything i think this is equally an argument for an API for the site (as
you brought up the other day), as it is a mobile interface.

Jessy
--
http://jessykate.com