[p2pu-dev] first impressions on new.p2pu

Paul Osman paul at mozillafoundation.org
Wed May 25 01:51:06 UTC 2011

I haven't used either, but I know that the AMO team (as well as others
at Mozilla) have moved away from Sphinx in favour of ElasticSearch
(another Java / Lucene based search engine). ES has been in use for a
long while by our metrics team who push a ton of data through it. I
can't recall the exact reasons why ES was chosen over Solr, but the move
away from sphinx was prompted by a feeling that Sphinx was too
complicated and hard to support.

-P