[p2pu-dev] first impressions on new.p2pu

zuzel.vp zuzel.vp at gmail.com
Sun May 22 22:16:43 UTC 2011

Sign up/Registration of new accounts was temporarily hidden on
purpose. Before the migration occurs we need users not to create new
accounts unless they had never used the old site so they keep their
identities. After the creation of new accounts in the old site is
disabled we will migrate all user accounts to the new site. At that
point we will not need anymore the current restriction of not allowing
any user to register accounts with username/email from the old site
(unless they proved that they are the same person by login in with
their username and password from the old site). After the migration we
can make signup more visible again (either by having all the forms on
the same page or by adding a direct link like in drumbeat/batucada).

Most of the tickets are not assigned to a milestone now because we had
to re-schedule things in order to move the migration to an early date.
However even before this, search was assigned I think to milestone 0.9
because it is a feature hard to implement in a way that scales. All
solutions I have seen including search in a django project tend to
become considerable slow when they are setup in a real world scenario.
One solution could be to rely google for including search capabilities
(http://www.google.com/cse/).

Thoughs?

--
Thanks,