[p2pu-dev] IDEs (was Re: Suggestion for developemnt process)

Vladimir Támara Patiño vtamara at pasosdeJesus.org
Thu May 12 01:08:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 05:13:55PM -0500, Wesley Pennock wrote:
> Well specifically for Lernanta what IDE do you guys use? There are so many
> choices but yet not a damn one for python version 3.2 that is decent of
> free.

I'm using vim, the default distribution for OpenBSD already includes some
plugins for python:

Syntax highlighting - http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=790
	(there you can also find support for Python 3.x)

Indentation - http://mirrors.fe.up.pt/pub/vim/runtime/indent/python.vim

The default distribution is configured for an user by running from
shell:

cp -rf /usr/local/share/vim/vim72/ ~/.vim

For lernanta I also added to my  ~/.vimrc :

set expandtab
set tabstop=4
set shiftwidth=4
set foldmethod=marker