[p2pu-dev] Suggestion for developemnt process

Philipp Schmidt phi.schmidt at gmail.com
Wed May 11 09:15:32 UTC 2011

On 11 May 2011 03:49, John Britton <public at johndbritton.com> wrote:
> This is part of the argument against moving to the new site earlier. I'm not
> opposed, but because we're going to have more and more real users on the new
> site we'll have to spend a fair amount of time making sure things work
> before we push them. The alternative is to be ready to fix things if they
> are broken after we push them (I tend to prefer this approach).

I suspect the right solution is somewhere in the middle. The old site
is really starting to hurt us, and it would be great if we could move
sooner rather than later. But I agree with John that we don't want to
slow down development too much, and we also don't want real users to
get frustrated by serious bugs. Could we keep pushing (push-then-fix)
for now, and start increasing the testing / staging phase by a day at
a time as we take on more users?

It might also be useful to have an alpha.p2pu.org where those with
interest and time, could always access the latest snapshot of
development progress, and help test.