[p2pu-dev] UI changes for 0.5 [ was Re: release 0.4]

Philipp Schmidt phi.schmidt at gmail.com
Sun May 1 16:33:31 UTC 2011

On 1 May 2011 16:16, Jessica Ledbetter <jessica at jessicaledbetter.com> wrote:
> Zuzel made a task with his suggestions. I'm guessing we just need approval
> from you, Philipp?

All suggestions will increase usability, and there hasn't been any
dissent on this list. Let's go ahead and implement them.

> http://p2pu.lighthouseapp.com/projects/71002/tickets/253-joao-suggestions#ticket-253-1

I've added Joao's mock-up.

> And whatever other changes we need UI-wise and we'll get it in there.
> I'm still hoping for a new logo or the grey to come back ;)

A designer friend will send us some suggestions. For now, we should
clean up as much as possible (Joao mentioned cleaning out the grey
from the heads of the letters P) and make a tiny bit smaller so it
doesn't touch against the borders.

> I put in BETA lower right of the logo because that seems pretty popular and
> worked, in my opinion, with the grey angles. Doesn't really use up too much
> real estate though but seems off balance without the grey background. We can
> definitely play with placement/size especially if we are looking at school
> branding.

In general, I think the BETA is great where it is. I am suggesting to
move it to top right, so we get a little more space to move up the
rest of the page. If it looks funny, let's not do it.

> I also would like to see the footer become more like the original PSD
> design. I think we're at a point (or very close to it) with the different
> content parts we needed for it (like about, help, etc).
> I can delete the grey out of the P2PU logo if we don't have the new one
> before 0.5 goes live.

Thanks! Fingers crossed still ...