[p2pu-dev] feedback on new site design ideas

Philipp Schmidt philipp at p2pu.org
Wed Mar 30 18:28:01 UTC 2011

It's possible to run a course in virtually the same way as before. But the
idea is to use terminology, and small changes, to encourage behaviors that
make it easier to transitions into a more peer-led model in the future:
- breaking down the syllabus into discrete tasks.
- changing terminology
- turn sign-up task into a social contract

Changes (in the prototype) that we don't have enough experience with / data
on to know how to build in future releases:
- Planning to standardize sign-up tasks to reframe sign-up as a positive
activity that boostraps a social contract (see background in the lighthouse
ticket).
- Pushing content pages that are not tasks into external sites (or hacking
tasks to be used as other content)

Something that was discussed which will not make it into the first
prototype:
- Ability to state a user has "completed" a task or study group
- Main reason is that we felt this is actually very complex to do right, and
we'd want to think about it more

Best - P